Friday, December 12, 2008

Calling all moms!!!

I can't believe we are leaving California in just a few weeks. I didn't expect the time to fly by so quickly. The day-to-day duties of taking care of the girls seems to occupy so much of my time. I'm so thankful that the Air Force is packing us up because I don't know how we would do it by ourselves! There is already so much that we must do on our end. It's starting to take it's toll on us.
This morning I put Sydney in Mom's Morning Out at our church. It was great to get a break, but why do I always feel so emotionally and physically drained? Parenthood is exhausting (as many of you know). Does it ever get easier? I look forward to the day when the crying will subside. It does subside, right?? I know that there will be many more challenges at each stage of childhood, but I will definitely not miss the crying fits or the middle-of-the-night feedings. Maybe I'm complaining because I just got back from driving Alexi around the entire South Bay to get her to fall asleep. Babies never cease to amaze me at how they can cry for hours and then do it again the next day.
Anyways, I am constantly looking for advice and ideas from moms. What do you do with your kids to change up the days? What do you do to keep your sanity with a crying baby? Please send me your ideas! I'm getting desperate! Post a comment or email me (trishabarfield@hotmail.com). Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. gosh i know how hard that can be...siena cried a lot when she was first born too! I guess you just try and remember it doesn't last forever...it is just a season-that is what I always say:)

    ReplyDelete