Sunday, October 19, 2008

From the Hospital

This is Julie and Carol with an update on what's going on in the hospital. Luke and Trisha went to the hospital around 5:30 and Trisha was admitted shortly there after. She has gotten the initial medication to start inducing her labor process and will be started on Pitocon at 2am. They are going to try to rest between now and then and they sound like they are doing really well thus far. Please keep them in your thoughts! We will keep you updated through the comments of this post as we receive updates.

35 comments:

  1. Yay! Praying for you and can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our prayers-waiting to hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE: We just heard from Luke. Trish didn't get much rest last night and the pitocon helped to get the labor started. Now Trish is progressing on her own. She is dialated 4cm and got an epidural around 6am. She is much more comfortable now and both Luke and Trish are going to try to get some rest. There were no calls last night, so Carol is still here and will probably head to the hospital a little later this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting:) Thanks for the updates!!! Ill keep checking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UPDATE: 8cm dialated and Carol is on the way to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH!!! Hope all goes well and can't wait to see the newest little Barfield!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. UPDATE: Received a call from Carol. Trisha is still at 8cm, but is comfortable because of the epidural. Her water hasn't broken yet, so they are hoping the Dr. will come soon to break her water and speed up the labor process. Evidently the baby is abnormally active, but everyone is doing well. The waiting game continues and I will keep you updated. Sydney is doing well and we even got to fit in some play time with Denise and Bailey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the updates, Julie. I am anxiously awaiting news of this little girl. Thinking of you all and praying for you.

    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Julie! You are an awesome friend, my sis is soooo blessed to have you!
    I wish I was there, I'm so excited to meet little miss barfield #2!!!
    Love you Trish and Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  11. UPDATE: I just talked to Luke and he said that Trish is a little over 8 cm now. Her water still hasn't broken and the Dr. was busy earlier this morning delivering at a different hospital. The Dr. can't get over to break Trish's water, so they are putting her on Pitocon again to try to help her dialate the rest of the way. Trish is doing well and is even managing to get a little bit of sleep, which is really great news. That's all I have for now...I'll keep you updated as I get updates.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're the best Julie!! Thank you for the updates...it keeps us anxious ones occupied. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. UPDATE: Luke just called again. The Dr. came and broke Trish's water, but the baby is still sitting high, so she's having trouble dialating the last cm (she is currently at 9cm). Hopefully the baby will drop some now that the water has broken. They took her off of the pitocon and they are letting her body do the work again. According to Luke, her contractions aren't very strong right now which is another reason that the baby is staying high. Trisha is still doing well and pretty comfortable thanks to the wonder drug. Luke sounds hopeful that there is just a bit longer left. He said he would call and let me know when she starts pushing. Hopefully that is sooner than later! I'll keep you all posted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, thank you so much for the constant updates! Being so far makes it difficult to feel a part of anything. And I would SO LOVE TO BE THERE!!

    The last update you sent said 3:02pm, where Trisha was only 9cm dilated. Is that 3pm EST or your time? We can't get the times straight.

    Is Carol still there with Trisha? How's Sydney doing? Keep me posted.
    Cindy the grammaw

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luke just called me and said that things are still the same (9cm, water broke). It's just a waiting game that the baby is currently winning.

    Julie, many props to you for your awesome updates! And taking care of Sydney on top of that!

    Mom, people usually speak in local time. I live in EST, so I wouldn't meet someone for dinner here in Hawaii time. That's just weird. Love you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Answers: Well I've received a few questions in the past couple of posts. Just to clarify, all the times that are posted are California times. We haven't heard an update from Luke since my last update. Carol is still at the hospital with Trish and Luke. Sydney is doing very well. She had a great breakfast (very unusual for her to want breakfast in the morning), we played with Denise and Baily after dropping Carol off at the hospital. Then we went home for lunch and nap time. She ate a great lunch and took an hour and fifteen minute nap, which is also very good for her. Ashlyn and Jax came over to visit and play and then we took a short walk to Starbucks as an afternoon activity. Now Sydney is very interested in Jax and trying to read him books and offer him toys. This is very hopeful for when her baby sister comes home. She is already acting the part of a big sister. So that's what is going on around here. I'll write back again as soon as I hear from Luke or Carol. Thanks for checking in on her progress and keeping her in your thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. UPDATE: Things are still progressing quite slowly and the baby is still very high. Please keep praying that labor will progress more quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OHHH I can't stop thinking about Trish! Bless her heart, come on little doodle bug drop drop drop!

    Still praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes we are sending prayers your way that the little angel makes her descent. she'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. UPDATE: Thanks for the prayers everyone. Keep them coming. The baby has turned (she was sunny side up) and Trish is pushing. The little miracle will be here soon! I'll let you know when I hear something new!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julie-we do appreciate the updates, we are praying

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your are in our thoughts and prayers! Can't wait to hear the great news.

    ReplyDelete
  23. SHE'S HERE!!! Baby Girl Barfield #2 has entered our world. She was born at 6:49 this evening weighing 8 lbs 8 oz. (way off of Dr. Mendoza's estimates)and is 19 3/4 inches long. She sounds like she has a healthy pair of lungs. Name has not been decided on as of yet. Mom and baby (and Luke) are doing well. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. YEAH!!! Congrats:) So exciting! Way to go Trish!!! Put away any premie and newborn clothes. Thank you God for healthy babies!!

    Can't wait to see lil miss #2!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats!! We are most excited for you guys! Brayden is ready to meet his new girlfriend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. ALRIGHT!! SHE'S HERE, and doing fine, so Luke said. I heard her cries, loud and strong, probably 90 minutes into her life. Luke seemed to be less spazzed out this time around. Birthing babies must be his thing, especially since he encourages from the sideline! But that is where the dad should be--right there next to the woman doing all the work!

    Thank you, Lord, for the blessings you give us through the little ones. Luke and Trisha, I'm so proud of you both.

    If only I could be there....... :(

    Love to all, from grammaw
    right-coast relative

    ReplyDelete
  27. So exciting! Thanks for all the updates Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  28. HOORAY! Love from Grandmother and Granddad Maddux and too our newest Great Grand Daughter

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. FINALLY!! YAY!!! Luke, I got your message about 1am. Sorry for not answering! I am so flippin excited to meet my new favorite dark-headed niece!!

    I swear, October is THE best month!!

    PS: I deleted my earlier post because I spelled niece wrong. Can you believe it?!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations! We're so happy she's finally here! Good work Trisha and Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  32. How exciting!! She is just beautiful!! I wish I was there to hold her and to give you'all a hug. I love you so much and miss you!
    Grandma Martinez

    ReplyDelete