Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm back...

Hi everyone! I'm back and ready to write more updates :) thanks for your thoughts and prayers during the long process that they call labor. It was a roller coaster of emotions and plenty of physical pain. Praise the Lord it is over and everyone is healthy and mostly happy (Sydney is not entirely thrilled about sharing Mommy!)

We decided to leave a little early from the hospital. The hospital beds are not the most comfortable! Also, I thought it would be best for Sydney to have Mommy and Daddy home with her to give her some peace of mind. Sydney had a great night's rest.... As for the rest of us, you know the story... 2nd night with a newborn.... a tad exhausting. Grandma took over most of the night and let us get some rest.... Wow, what would we do without our moms?! She is such a blessing.

Luke had to go to work this morning. So, just me, mom, Sydney and Alexi today. We have managed so far. Sydney is really struggling to adjust. Hopefully it will get easier instead of harder.

Well, my sister flies in tomorrow morning! Yay! And then my dad flies in Friday! I'm so excited to have more family around. Wish we could have waited for everyone to have this baby, but thank God I didn't.... I cannot imagine pushing out a 9 lb baby! 8 lb, 8 oz was massive in my opinion! Oh my. And, did they mention that the epidural had worn off almost completely for the last 1-2 hours of labor? And, of course I was practically crowning for an hour while we waited for the doctor! I was incredibly unhappy :( Oh well, at least we have our little chunkie monkey out of all this. She is so precious.

Ok, I must go... I'll try to post pics and more info soon... Thanks for your prayers. Keep them coming, we truly felt God's peace on Monday. We really needed it.

Much love,

Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment