Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Crying lots and lots with no sleep...

Yes, some of you may think that this is the pregnant lady I'm talking about.... but, no, Sydney has been having 5 rough days where she cries 30 minutes to 3 hours at night and during naptime (most of the time leading to no nap!) We took her to the doctor today and he said that there is no ear infection or anything. It is so frustrating. I didn't get to see her regular pediatrician, but I don't think that matters too much.
Anyways, she is crying right now (again!) I hate that I'm getting so stressed about it. I feel helpless. Moms, any ideas??? We give her Motrin or Tylenol, but she still wakes up in the middle of the night or early morning and can't console herself. She has not done this for at least a year!
Well, any advice would be great. Please pray for us as we get so close to having this baby and with Sydney possibly sick.
Love to all...
Trisha

3 comments:

  1. oh no...what could it be? maybe she is having nightmares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke and Trisha
    Hi, Its me Niki I cant believe how much Sydney has grown and how Beautiful she is. I hope that things are going good. I cant wait to hear about the next one. Boy or Girl?
    Mike and I are doing fine, we just got a house. It is close to Aunt Nancy and Uncle Gene's house (ill send pic. later) We Love it.
    Hope things get better with Sydney. You are in my thoughts and prayers
    Love, Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys,
    The videos are priceless! Thank you for the beautiful sound of the child's laughter. I hate to hear of Sydney's crying spells. It is almost as if she senses the coming of a sibling. In her own way, she is reacting to unknown stress. Trisha, are you still able to give her one-on-one attention? Maybe give her more at designated times, such as at bedtime, or as she gets up. Hold her and sing softly, in the darkness and quietness of the bedroom.

    I'm sorry I have no solutions. I can only pray, and you can only let God guide you. I love you all, and pray for the best!

    Love, grammaw

    ReplyDelete