Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's been a while

Hi everyone!

We had a crazy October. Aunt Virginia came to visit the first week. The girls LOVED being around her again.... Sydney calls her "Aunt GiGi." We had several events at Aerials.... A Recital-Type Meet, Parent's Night Out, Clinics and the "boom" of returning fall customers. Our business is definitely feeling the impact of the sluggish economy, but we are pushing forward trying to be the best we can be.

We celebrated the girls' birthdays a few weeks ago. Sydney is now 3 and Alexi is 1. Crazy, huh? Alexi is such a petite little girl, weighing in at a whole 16 pounds. She started walking the day after her birthday party. She is such a "big" girl now. She waves "hi" and "bye" and says "da da" to just about everything. Her favorite thing to do? Eat! She loves 'real' food, opposed to formula. She still loves to cuddle her blanky.

Speaking of blankets... Sydney gave up her blanket last month when we all were very sick. I told her it was keeping her sick and that Mommy needed to wash it. I told her this over 3 days and finally she stopped asking for it!! Whooo hooo!!

Sydney is a typical 3 year old. She really wants her independence. She "needs" to do things herself, as she puts it. She is fully potty-trained... no more wiping her or even needing to be in the room... Yay!! Sydney is obsessed with watching Sponge-bob. We have to limit her daily intake, otherwise she would never leave the tv. I blame Luke for her new-found obsession. He equally loves the silly yellow sponge. I'm still not a fan. Sydney is a great helper around the house. She helps clean up and helps me cook or bake. She is timid around strangers and prefers to watch from a distance at first when we are at a park. She is anything but timid at home, however. She is very vocal and we are trying to break her of this whiny/tantrum phase she is in. Overall, though, she is a sweet-spirited child who loves her friends and family dearly.
I hope you all are enjoying this time before the holidays. We would LOVE to hear from each of you. We greatly miss all of our family and friends.

Much love to you...

Trish

P.S. I just posted a ton of pics on facebook. It's so much quicker there. I'll eventually post some here....

1 comment:

  1. they are getting so big!!! sounds like you are adjusting to life in CO!! So fun the mills are there too...see you one of these days.

    ReplyDelete