Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Wow, this week has just flown right by! Cindy and Virginia came to visit for the week. It was so much fun for everyone! Sydney has been going through Grandma and Aunt Gi Gi withdrawl. She misses all the entertainment and distractions that they provided.
We had a big Thanksgiving dinner here at our place. Many of our closest friends were there: Cori, Matt and Brayden made it down from Edwards AF Base, Ashlyn, Tosh and Jax, Sidro, Kristen, John and their two boys Luke and Paden. The Mills family couldn't make it. They were truly missed this year. Our prayers go out to the Mills and their extended family in their loss.
This Thanksgiving has reminded me of how much we have and how blessed we really are. I am so in love with my husband. These past five years have been amazing. We have grown closer and each have learned so much about ourselves. Of course I am thankful for my little girls Sydney and Alexi. They bring me such joy. Even through the tears, tantrums, messy diapers and spit up, I love being a mom. Someone recently reminded me of how quickly these years will go by.... she said "the days seem to go by so slowly, but the years fly by." I already believe this to be true. My goal for the next year is to really enjoy each day I get to spend with the girls.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hear those of you in Colorado got some snow. Do some shovelling for me!! We'll be there soon...
Much love to all,
Trisha

1 comment: